Our investment strategy is based upon the same two principles that Odyssey has successfully employed for the last 20 years.
"Thematic Approach" to proactively target specific industries
- In-depth research to identify sectors with long-term growth in excess of GDP
- Attend conferences / tradeshows, meet with consultants / industry experts, customers, suppliers and management teams
- Significant time invested in learning industry fundamentals before approaching companies of interest
Partner with management teams to develop "Operational Roadmap" to create value during our ownership
- Operational Roadmap identifies key objectives for organic growth, productivity initiatives, management enhancements and strategic acquisitions
- Metrics established to measure progress
Within Odyssey’s focus areas, we invest in companies that are leading platforms in fragmented markets. These companies have significant opportunities to broaden and deepen product and/or service offerings through organic initiatives and add-on acquisitions. Since 1991, this strategy has enabled us to help management teams create larger, more diversified enterprises with industry-leading market positions, best-in-class operating processes, superior margins and attractive future growth prospects.
We believe that high-quality management teams are critical to building leading businesses and are focused on utilizing our extensive experience and strategic perspective to assist managers in developing and then executing upon Operational Roadmaps.
Odyssey’s size, culture and collective operating experience provide us the speed and flexibility to enable our management teams to thrive. As a result of our working relationships with portfolio company managers, many have continued to work with Odyssey on subsequent transactions and many have become investors in Odyssey’s funds.